Hi there!
I'm keeping this blog to share my design work and process for the Fall Production of Into the Woods at The Park School where I teach in the Visual Art Department.

Friday, July 23, 2010

act one (second post)

Rapunzel's Tower
I'm hoping this one is possible. Since the back half of the woods is essentially shapes on the scrim then we should be able to project shadows onto them. I'd like to make Rapunzel's tower (AND the witch climbing it) out of shadow puppets for that first short scene. I'm going to have to talk to John about whether or not this even possible.
The Woods at Midnight
Midnight it when things get darkest in the first act- not to mention that that's the way nighttime actually functions. So for each midnight in the play the set will be much darker with the lights a deep purple and the trees back lit so they look closer to black.