Hi there!
I'm keeping this blog to share my design work and process for the Fall Production of Into the Woods at The Park School where I teach in the Visual Art Department.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

it's a small world

I should probably share Mary Blair's 3-D extravaganza- the It's a Small World Ride. Originally constructed for the 1964 World's Fair then moved to Disney Theme Parks. Unfortunately it's been updated but most of her work is still in tact.
I'm planning lots of flatness used to create deep space- the two dimensional made three dimensional- image made into object.
For those brave souls willing to spend 9 minutes watching it, a youtube user has uploaded the full Its a Small World ride onto youtube. Watch it with the sound off if you find that part offensive and look at the awesome Mary Blair Set! And her use of glitter. She's responsible for all the awesomeness except the scary animatronic singing children and the never ending song.